There's Nothing Bad Being An Introverted Person...

Monday, February 01, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-


Introvert versus Extrovert
Am an introvert, no doubt about that. But sometimes I often wonder if am not an extremist in the world of introverts... Just kidding! Firstly,  I would like to express to you guys the type of introvert I am(guess we all are the same).

Shyness is what should have been my middle name. I shy a lot and people take that as being arrogant(still don't know how they get to such conclusion). Set of ladies who happened to be my course-mates once came to me and said " why is your face always glued to the ground?  You always feel pompous and  we would like you to talk to us today by fire by force". I smiled at them, hold eye contacts for like a milliseconds and quickly excuse myself. Some of my male friends too complains a lot.

Here is typical me below:

I don't like parties, too much crowd creeps me out... Wonder how am going to handle a wedding and all it's awkward dramas(prostration, crowd cheering e.t.c) when the time comes.

I don't go to football centre to watch matches. I don't like holding long conversation on sports, unlike most of my friends, but I like watching football in a quiet and less crowded environment.

I have just two close friends, and uncountable friends whom I rarely associate myself with, most of them on social media because we hardly cross paths. Not that I don't love them as much as I like my two best friends, but there's no communication to serve as a bridge between us.

Right now am at home for a semester break, people don't even know am around.

My door is always locked from the inside when am in school. I love to always be by myself: surfing the net in search of fresh ideas, watching movies alone if that's the first time am seeing it, reading through most of the posts on nairaland's front page without a single comment on them...but what top all the moments of enjoyment for me is being with my girlfriend, she's also an introvert. <3

Here's where people have one or two problems with my personality:

  • I don't like chatting with my friends for too long on social media, the conversation quickens to get boring to me. If there messages keep coming in, I always use firewall to block my whatsapp and bbm from connecting to the Internet.:-)

  • I hardly call people just to say hi or just to ask how they are doing except something tangible happened which warrants that I call. Most people always say that I don't appreciate them. And when such accusations comes up, I do promise them with utmost sincerity that I will change and I will start calling them. but after a month or so, I go back to being who I am...

  • If i find myself in the midst of new people, I hardly interact. But if have known you for a long time, and am comfortable being around you...you will be the one begging me to stop talking.

If I should continue with the list, I won't stop typing for a day. Thank God that the percentage of people who loves me to those who finds me awkward is 90%.

This post is meant for the 10% who finds me awkward in one way or another, and who think I really don't value or appreciate what Friendship is; that's not the case here, am just who I am, an INTROVERT. And I would like if you would understand and accept me and some of your friends who happened to share the same personality as mine. It's who we are, it's who I am, an INTROVERT!

If you happened to be an introvert, kindly share the good and the bad thing ever happened to you by leaving a comment. If you are an extrovert, share your own views and let's mingle..